cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help on dual E1 with Load-Balancing and EIGRP ?

schorb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have 4 IOS-Router and two E1-Lines. Now I want to connect 2 networks with two routers on each site doing load-balancing on the two E1-Lines and have maximum fault-tolerancy. But I can't find any sample-configuration. Have you any idea ?

Frank

2 Replies 2

ejgonzalesiii
Level 1
Level 1

There is really nothing to configure. The routers will actually load balance on their own as long as it is installed on both routes. It will do this if both routes are equal to each. EIGRP will install two routes going out both interfaces, as long as the bandwidth,delay,etc are equal; the routes will be considered equal. The only thing you will have to do is turn off fast-switching so that it will load balance on a per-packet instead of per-destination basis. To do this just use the "no ip route-cache" commands on the interfaces.

Thanks a lot. In this case: could I use HSRP between the two routers at each site to provide only one default-gateway ?

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: