Views
Helpful
Replies

link between 2 networks

jfleblanc
Level 1
Level 1

I everyone,

I need to link 2 networks with security but i don't know how to do that. Thanks for your help.

7 Replies 7

millerv
Level 1
Level 1

What level of security ? Do you need to encrypt traffic between the two networks ?

I need security like that :

someone from the other network cannot enter on my network but my network can access his network.

You can use ACLs (Access-Lists) for that.

With routers at each side?

prasanthpk
Level 1
Level 1

just with a blank how can we clarify u r doubt

pls give some detail

I have to build a link between 2 network. I'm gonna use 2 routers (one on each side). But, I need some security on that : I need to access the other network but the other network cannot access mine.

What kind of security I need for that? a security on router? with a software(firewall)? I don't know...

still not clear

if u ha s a private network no worry of hackin g from outside

if u r connecting to internet where u get a public address.save u r router fron denying telnet or use some good password

if u want to save u r data u can use data encryption like ipsec and so

wahy u go for a costly firewall and so

and if it is necassery for u to have a firewall u can have it on u r linux or other server

if u want to talk me now within half an hour pls come to prasanthpk78 at yahoo chat i am online

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: