backup/restore

Unanswered Question
Feb 28th, 2002
User Badges:

I have 2 questions...<br>1. If you use the standard backup procedrues for 2000 using default NT backup that comes with 2000, but you do not have any modules like open files for 2000 or the exchange modules..when you do a a backup obviously it says some files cant be backed up because they are open. What can be restored..can you restore everything except messages? like all templates and auto attendant stuff.. routing rules? <br><br>2. System prompt for the directory that says to please enter the persons last name.. if that is too low and that seems to be the only one..can I change that and where?<br><br>Amy Jones<br>Senior Systems Analyst<br>AAC Associates<br>703-918-6394

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/28/2002 - 08:15
User Badges:

I wouldn't go trying to do backups that can't do open files... that'd be pretty tough. Too many things would be missing if Unity were running when you did your backup to be terribly useful.

If you're looking to get out on the cheap, check out DiRT (Disaster Recovery Tool) as a backup mechanism. You'll find it on the 3.x tools page of AnswerMonkey.net. It's not yet fully supported by TAC (coming soon). Also, I have a version in testing now that also optionally gets all the inbox contants of all subscribers for you using automated ExMerge scripts... very cool... and free. Stay tuned.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
[email protected]
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Actions

This Discussion