cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks 2000 RME and 1710-VPN Router

g.raymakers
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CiscoWorks2000 RME v3.3 Server running on Win2k system. When I try to manage a Cisco 1710 VPN routers it shows up as an SNMP device and not as a Cisco router. So the RME is not recognising the 1710. According to the supported devices list of v3.3, the 1710 is not supported. This is a problem for us since we will have many 1710's, so is there somewhere an update or patch that can be installed so that RME does recognise the 1710-VPN ?

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

If the RME 3.3 supported device list does not list 1710 VPN router, it means that RME does not support this particular device currently and therefore will not be able to manage it. Hopefully upcoming release of RME will have support for more new devices.

Any information on when 5th edition will be available?

Is there a location or information source where I can find if and when this device will be supported ? I'm also a bit supprised that it isn't possible for the moment to support 1710 within RME 3.3. The 1710 is pushed as the Remote VPN Security device , but the CiscoWorks 2000 VMS bundle doesn't support the management if it ....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: