cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

initial password for netscout

jpoulos
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed netscout, and I can't log in. what is the the admin password? I've tried everything. I even tried to reset it using a .bat file from Cisco to change it to abc123, but that didn't work. Any help is appreciated.

Jpoulos

2 Replies 2

rborel
Level 1
Level 1

Don't know if this is it, but when we did a demo of it the password was ngenius have you tried that?

rborel

minielsen
Level 2
Level 2

Assuming that you are talking about NetScout nGenius RTM the password is specified by yourself during install (and the administrator name for that matter). In order to remember it I always use the same login/password as CW2000 uses (admin/admin) initially.

If you have forgotten your login/password you need to uninstall (and if it's on NT clean up in the registry) and reinstall. TAC and NetScout support wasn't able to reset the user name and/or password in a case I worked on where the person installing RTM had left the company (and of course didn't make any documentation and couldn't remember afterwards).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: