cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

flash checksum

bkayyali
Level 1
Level 1

i have copy a new IOS in my second partition of the flash (flash:2), when it end copying i have recieve :

invalid checksum (expected 0x8AA5, computed 0xE09E)

what does invalid checksum mean and how i can solve this..

sh flash:2

System flash directory, partition 2:

File Length Name/status

1 4988760 c3660-i-mz_120-7_XK1.bin [invalid checksum]

3 Replies 3

mvanterve
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The invalid checksum means that your IOS image is corrupted in to your flash2:. You can try downloading it again to your router.

thx mvanterve , but i have tried more than IOS ...???

Unless you have resolved your router problem, read below, curtesy of cisco web-page.

!

!!!

......a checksum failure indicates that the file has not been properly copied into the memory and you need to copy it again.

First, verify that the file you copied to the TFTP server is the same size as the original file. (Be aware that the size is listed in bytes in the router and is sometimes listed in kilobytes in TFTP servers.) If the network is very busy, you may also see this behavior; try the copy again when the

network is not so loaded, or establish a direct Ethernet connection between the TFTP server and the router to download the file.

I hope this helps.

Emil.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: