Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

resolve this......

Unanswered Question

I have this issue I am working on. I called cisco tech and they said it is not possible and there is no work around. Still I want to ask the experts out there.

here is my scennario...

I have a PIX 515( headquater) - VPN tunnel another PIX 506 ( remote)

I have VPN clients terminating on the PIX 515. The VPN clients who are terminating on the PIX 515 can access the machines at my headquater lan with no problems. These VPN clients want to access the machines which are on the remote LAN ( PIX 506). Is there a way they can terminate on the PIX 515 which they do and then use the tunnel from PIX 515 to PIX 506 and connect to the machines there.?

Thanks

Shabib

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
anavarro Tue, 03/19/2002 - 15:52
User Badges:

Not with your current setup. That would require routing functionality which the pix can not do. If you terminate the clients inside your network on a router then it will be possible.

That's the setup I have.

JOSH GANT Wed, 03/20/2002 - 10:38
User Badges:

The PIX does not redirect traffic. If the packets come in the outside interface, the PIX cannot send them back out. You would need another interface, or terminate the client tunnels on a different device behind the PIX.

7pautore Fri, 04/26/2002 - 18:28
User Badges:

Cisco concentrators are the only ones that can do a hairspin like the one that you are refering to.

Actions

This Discussion