cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone services problem

prattstephen
Level 1
Level 1

I have not been able to get the IP Phone Services to work on a separate IIS server running 4.0 with the SDK software. I have been successful at getting them to run on the CallManager, and then I tried to move the entire directory structure over to my new IIS server and set it up exactly as the callmanager was setup. I now receive an error on the phone "Error -7ff5fe53: Automation server can't create object". I just want to know who has had this problem before and how did you fix it?

CallManager 3.1

NT server 4.0 with IIS 4.0

Service pack 6.0

SDK 2.0

2 Replies 2

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Although I personally have not tried to use the IP Phone Services SDK on WinNT before, I do know that certain components need to be registered on the server in order for them to work. So you can't just copy over the files from one server to another and expect them to work.

You need to run the SDK installation on the desired server. Then you can copy over whatever file(s) you modified on the original box.

gary.shaw
Level 1
Level 1

I have had the same problem on Win2000, Ive not managed to fix it yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: