cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Access SAWeb

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I was asked to look at a system that can't connect to the SAWeb page any longer. I am told that it used to work.<br><br>Customer is logging in using Administrator account. Running Win2k, Unity 3.1.2 is running on the Unity Server. When you go to the SAWeb page you get:<br><br>Access denied<br>Your Windows Domain Account [UNITYDM\Administrator] is not associated with a Unity Subscriber.<br><br>You cannot access the Unity System Administration web pages.<br><br>Please see your system administrator for more details. <br><br>If it weren't AD I know I could use GrantUnityAccess.<br><br>Suggestions? Where can I look to find out which ID's have Admin privileges to Unity? I looked at the SIDHistory table but those aren't real readable.<br><br>Turns out that any user that attempts to access unity gets a message that thier domain account is not associated with a user. We tested several accounts including ones we know were good. We verified that the domain acounts exist and that the passwords are correct.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by newunity on 3/27/02 09:57 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Not sure what you mean by AD not allowing GrantUnityAcces... this should work fine. What version of Unity are you running? If it's 3.1(x) there should be a "-L" option on grantUnityAccess that will list all the account associations in a readable format for you.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Jeff I just updated the original post. Turns out it is effecting every user. I wasn't sure if GrantUserAccess worked in AD. I have only used it for non AD installs. When I use GrantUserAccess -l I get not entries. The file that gets created shows the following:

Wed Mar 27 11:59:39.718 Entering Initialize \ConnectorClientBase.cpp (line 48)

Wed Mar 27 11:59:41.0 Exiting Initialize \ConnectorClientBase.cpp (line 92)

Not applicable

If the list is empty then either you don't have any associations or the account you're logged in as does not have rights to the SQL database (i.e. it's not a member of the local admins group). Make sure you're logged in as an account that's a local admin and a domain admin. You can go ahead and make an association for the account you're logged in as to get into the SA short term, I use the "installer" account for this in most cases. You sometimes need to bounce the WWW service as well.

Are you're users coming from another domain? Any DNS issues introduced recently? Can you try configuring IE to do manual authentication to see if that makes a difference? Try doing this from the local Unity box as a test.

If this was working before and not now are there any things that changed that might give us a clue as to what happened along the way?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Ok the user I am loggin in with is administrator.
He is a member of the following groups:

Administrators
Domain Admins
Domain Users
Enterprise Admins
Group Policy Creator Owners
Schema Admins

We have used the ip to reach the server so that we are prompted to login and still get the issue on all accounts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: