cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA-186 on MGCP or SSCP

aayeras
Level 1
Level 1

Does any one user ATA-186 on MGCP or SSCP? what is the difference between SSCP and MGCP? and why should i switch from H.323/SIP to MGCP/SSCP?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using the ATA with callmanager I would suggest if using SCCP. If you are not using with callmanager I am not sure what to recommend since I don't know what you are using the gateway for. SCCP is better for callmanager because the ccm can control the ATA and there is less administration at the ATA.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Thanks for the reply!! another question, What is the main factor why should I switch from H.323 or SIP to MGCP or SSCP?

It really depends on what you are connecting the ATA to. Some device on do h.323 so you would use the ATA in h.323. If the device on uses SIP then use the ATA with SIP. If the device more than one then use the one that works the best. How are you going to use the ATA?

Thank you,

-Mckee

Other factors to consider are:

SCCP gives you enhanced features ie transfer , call fwd no reply,busy,all. along with programmed in call manager devices-phone.

If used as and H323 gateway more administration on the ATA and in call manager ( H323 gateway and route patterns) but you have the ability due to the dial plan being built into the ATA that if the call manager fails it can still make calls to the gateway by having a second gateway entry in the ATA (ie first entry points to the call manager)

My understanding with the ATA using SIP it will need to talk to a SIP proxy server not call manager as SIP is not supported on call manager , maybe someone can clarify this point.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: