Unity

Unanswered Question
Apr 8th, 2002
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Just a couple of questions:<br><br>1. Do subscribers have to have VMO for outlook to retrieve their voice messages?<br><br>2. and also, if I am not mistaken. The AV import tool is used to import internet subscribers....correct?<br><br>

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 04/08/2002 - 07:26
User Badges:

1. I assume you mean can they retrieve them via Outlook... you can always get at your messages over the phone, of course. If you don't have VMO installed, voice mail messages in Outlook are just emails with attached WAV files. You can listen to them no problem, however you cannot reply with a voice mail. You can reply with an email and even attach your own WAV file but these will not come across as voice mail to the target (i.e. they wont be offered as voice mail over the phone, turn the lamp on etc...). You also can't use your phone as a recording device at the desktop without VMO (i.e. the Telephone Record and Playback feature)

2. AVImport can be used to import subscribers from CSV, subscribers from standing Exchange mail account or internet subscriber from standing Exchange contacts.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
[email protected]
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Actions

This Discussion