Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Unity 2.46 & Meet-Me Conferences

Unanswered Question
Apr 11th, 2002
User Badges:

Does anyone know how to get Unity to allow an outside caller into a meet-me conference? We are using 700-799 for meet-me conference numbers, but Unity won't transfer an outside caller to those numbers. It says that it's an invalid extension. Is there any other way to have Unity transfer the call other than creating 100 "dummy" extensions? I’m not concerned about the outside caller initiating the conference call, just getting into a predefined conference call.<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>Brent<br><br>

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 04/11/2002 - 02:11
User Badges:

Currently any Id you want callers to be able to dial has to correspond to an object (Call handler, subscriber, interview handler) in Unity or you'll get that error message. Unity 4.0 may include a "system transfer" conversation that optionally allows administrators to setup a mechanism for callers to dial any number that passes a restriction table test... Unity will just dial the number and let it go (release transfer)

but for now you need to create call handlers for each number you want to dial. I have a 'BulkHandler Create' tool on AnswerMonkey.net to help you create large numbers of call handlers by id range and/or importing from CSV to help with just this scenario... you might want to check it out.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
[email protected]
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Actions

This Discussion