cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct transfer into Voicemail

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Wanted to see if there are any new methods in 3.1 for transferring a caller directly into voice mail. I have a customer whose operators are having heartburn over the process of calling unity, dialing subscriber #2, transfer, etc. Is there a stream-lined way to do this? Thanks in advance.<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

Try using this forum's search function while looking for "Direct transfer". This question is frequently asked. It still works the same way in Unity3.1. Features like this need to be handled before the call even hits Unity, that's why there's not a whole lot Unity can do about it.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Just:
1.set up a bogus phone with one extension in call manager
2.set the voicemail parameter on bogus extensionto the extension associated with the voicemail box you want to directly dial
3. set the 'forward all' option to voicemail on the bogus extension
4. set the extension of the phone of the user who has the voicemail box to forward to the bogus extension on 'busy' and/or 'no answer'.

Not applicable

If this is done, won't the person who intiated the transfer show up as the person that left the message instead of the transferee?

For example: Bob calls Ted. Ted wants to do the VM quick transfer as described above to Larry. Ted transfers Bob to Larry's phantom-call-forwarded-all-to-VM extension. Bob leaves a message. When Larry calls in to check his message (or through VMO), the message is said to be left by Ted instead of Bob.

That's what I saw when doing this in the lab.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

You have a good point.

In the implementations I've done users don't want to hear who it was from (takes more time) and most direct-to-voicemail transfers occur between a receptionist and outside callers who don't have an identity in the system.

Not applicable

You have a good point too :)

One thing that I forgot to mention is that if the person that is doing the transfer, does the transfer from a DN that does not match a Unity subscriber DTMF ID, then the problem is less severe. It would be a message from an unknown call as opposed to a message from an incorrect Unity subscriber.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: