cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Get Opening greeting instead of Users Voice Mail

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

When I call a users extension from inside I get the opening call handler instead of the users greeting. If I pick up a users phone and press the messages key I get the opening greeting also.<br><br>Bunny Killer solved my lst issue<br><br>Thanks<br><br>Greg<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

pop open Call Viewer in the Unity program groud and watch what information comes in for the calling number and the forwarding number for these two scenarios. Sounds like Unity is not getting the proper data for these values and is dumping you to the default opening greeting as a result.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

It's showing my calling number is 200 and it's really 1834. It's showing the called number is 234 and the real called number is 4000.. Where could it be getting the wrong DN's

Thanks

Not applicable

It's actually the other way around. The number called is showing 200 instead of 4000 and the calling number is 234 instead of 1834. I tried from another phone and that calling number is showing 233 instead of 1833.

Not applicable

Sounds like the phone system is applying a digit mask to the extension numbers.

What shows up on the LCD screen if you just call between 2 IP phones?

Can you disable or reconfigure the digit masking in the Call Manager and test?

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

I did a Call Manager Trace and It says
callingParty=1834 cgpnVoiceMailbox=234. Is this in the SQL database for Call Manager ? I can't find any place to change the cgpnVoiceMailbox value.

Thanks for the reply

Greg

Not applicable

Good job on the tracing. There's a CallManager field for "Voice Message Box" on the line configuration for the device in question. Check to see if that is 234. If so, change it to 1834. If it is 1834 on that field, but the CCM traces continue to show that cgpnVoiceMailbox=234, you could try changing it to something else, and then changing it back to 1834. I am not sure if this type of change requires a phone restart, but it isn't going to hurt.

If that doesn't work, contact TAC.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: