cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Operator

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

We are using our Unity server to provide Auto attendant and voicemail services to a number of different organizations. We've successfully got it partitioned, except for one problem. After leaving a message, a caller has the option of hitting "0" and going to the operator. I want to turn this OFF unless I can find a way to send it to a specific person for a "0" entry at that point that would be driven by a setting at the voicemail box level. <br><br>Which of these is possible, and if so, how do I do it? I can't find the config for either.<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

What's your after message action set to for your mail users? By default this goes to the "Say goodbye" call handler which does not voice the option to hit 0 to go anywhere... it simply says "if you would like to try another extension you may do so now... goodbye" and then hangs up on them. The 0 option is not built in anywhere here so you must be routing the calls somewhere different as the after message action.

Let me know where your calls are going after the message is taken and we can work from there. As a side note you might consider looking at the Audio Text Manager application on the 3.x tools page of AnswerMonkey. Even if you don't use it, it might be helpful to watch the training videos since I cover some of the call flow stuff here which might help clear some things up for you.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

It's going to the goodbye handler. I want to take away the option to dial another extention. I got rid of the ability by clearing the allow caller input checkbox, but the audio is still there.

Where do I edit that?

The goodbye call handler has a standard and closed greeting recorded that has the "if you would like to try an extension, you may do so now" message. You can rerecord these to be anything you want or you can activate the alternate greeting (which will over ride all others) and use that.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: