cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3000 Event Log (Interpretations of)

mike.kennedy
Level 1
Level 1

I find when troubleshooting VPN problems I have a difficult time trying to understand what the event log is telling me in some cases. I have seen allot of error codes that I have know idea what they mean and there is also the famous "tunnel to peer closed, reason: None" . I would like to get "smarter" in understanding this event log and the various events and error codes but I have not found a "how to interpret VPN error codes guide" Is there any reference at all out there ??? Thanks for responding.

1 Reply 1

bstremp
Level 2
Level 2

This is all I could find for troubleshooting logs on Cisco;s site http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/vpn/vpn3000/rel3_5_1/admin/apxerr.htm but I know much of the error codes are used when you’re talking to TAC. I would suggest talking to them for troubleshooting your specific errors. You might even ask them to file a bug for better docs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: