cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RPC broadcast on MSFC

mih911
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question. I have more then 24 vlans defined in msfc. Most of vlan interfaces have ip helper-address for different server. I’m implementing a NIS broadcast for one vlan by enabling the IP FORWARD PROTOCOL UDP RPC as global command. The problem is now all vlan also allowing the rpc traffic. There is any way to filter or stop just traffic?

3 Replies 3

bsivasub
Level 4
Level 4

did you configure extended access-list on the outgoing vlan interface to drop these packets ? worth a try. IP forward protocol is a global command and applicable to all ip helper commands.

I'm planning to configure extended sccess-list. But, I like to know if there is any other solution and if i have to implement access list with ip directed broadcast there is any URL where I can find the example configuration.

sphillip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you should be able to define a VACL or RACL that would permit the required connectivity to the RPC server without forwarding the RPC broadcast everywhere. Please refer to <http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_7_2/confg_gd/acc_list.htm> for more details.

HTH - if you need any more email stevep@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: