cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to configure DID using VG200 as MGCP gateway?

cchsu
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Callmanager 3.1(3a), VG200 12.2(2)XN. I configured the VG200 in Callmanager with T1 PRI interface. I also configured VG200 to use CCM for single point configuration. However, I could not find where to configure DID since I am not supposed to configure num-exp in the VG200?

1 Reply 1

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using vg200 with MGCP then you really don't need to configure DID. They are multilple ways to accomplish this. For example if you are using 4 digit extensions and the telco was sending 4 digits you don't have to do anything. If your DID range was 1000-1099. Then configure an ip phone with 1000. When you dial xxx-xxx-1000 from the pstn your phone will ring. If the telco is sending 7 digits an you are uinsg 4 digits extensions you can just set num digits to 4 and make sure sig digits is checked or you can use a translation pattern to accomplish the same thing.

I hope this helps,

-Mckee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: