cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I stop my internet mailserver traffic getting routed over the WAN

tmcneill
Level 1
Level 1

I need to stop the traffic from our internet mail server trying to use the WAN link that we have with our customer, because it has been set up to only allow terminal session connections. The WAN connection has been set up under specific security requirements and cannot be changed. The internet mail to these customers seem to be getting routed to this WAN link rather than through the Internet link with the rest of the email. How can I fix this?

1 Reply 1

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

If their mail host is not the same server you are communicating with otherwise, you can set up a host route to their mail server pointing at the internet connection, and make certain this gets into your routing protocol in the rest of your domain (but doesn't leak outside your domain, into the internet, for instance). You could do this with a static/redistribute static (don't forget the default metric), or a number of other ways, but the principle is the same in each case.

Russ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: