cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity AD Callmanager

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have Unity using its own AD domain, I configured Callmanager to pull its users from that same AD domain. Everything works great except for one thing. When I create a user in Unity, Unity does not populate the Phone number field in AD. It is this field that callmanager pulls from for its corporate directory. There fore I have to open the ad tool and manually add the phone extension to the phone number field before a name will show up in the callmanager phone directory. Does any one know of a work arround for this. I am using Unity 3.12<br><br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

The CM and Unity folks used their own schema extensions in AD... there's an effort afoot to synch them up so all Cisco products that use the AD can share some common information but that hasn't come to fruition at this point. Currently there is no easy work around for this. Lame, I know.

I was thinking of having the customer applications team jump on a tool that would synch a few properties into selected fields in AD inbound/outbound to help patch this problem but the work queue is pretty big right now so I'm not sure how long until we can circle back around on this one.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: