cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3640 IMA to 7206VXR OC-3 connectivity

jdcarnes
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of converting our existing routing infrastructure from a Frame Relay, T-1, 3Com router based WAN to a full blown Cisco IMA WAN with a 7206VXR core router with 3640s in remote offices. The 3640s have 4-port IMA cards with 3 T-1s each. Our new core router is a 7206VXR with an OC-3 card that all of these links will be coming back thru to our data center on. I have done the IMA configuration on the 3640s as follows: created the IMA group, assigned the point-to-point subint an IP address, and assigned the 3 T-1 ports to the IMA group. My question is: is IMA this simple to configure? Also, are there any special considerations for configuring the 7206? We will also be deploying VoIP as well as H.323 video on these, so I understand QoS is critical. Thanks in advance for any answers.

2 Replies 2

mljohnson
Level 4
Level 4

I have installed 2 connections like this and have had trouble with one.

The troublesome line is a 2 x E1 lines with a 3M pvp. The router at the other end is a 7206VXR with OC3. The line seems to perform poorly, the ping time is around 60 msecs. Another identical router, terminating on the same 7206, have a ping time of 5 msecs.

I have looked for errors in sho int, sho ima int and sho cont, but there are only a handful - probably from bringing the line up.

In troubleshooting I tried disabling the second line to see if there were problems syncing the ima. I lost contact with the router, the entire interface went down.

I tried the same thing on the other router and the interface kept functioning normally.

Any clues?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: