cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP/VC With Customer Site

droessler
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to place IP/VC equipment at a customer site. I would like to utilize a secure point-to-point connection at 512K between us and the customer. Customer site will only need one end-point. Interenally, we have 3525 IP/VC Gateway, 3510 MCU, and 2610 for GK/QoS/Proxy. Gateway is connected to ISDN PRI so we can support legacy H320-basede systems. What would be needed at customer site? I will use the PTel iPower 680 as the end-point. Any suggestions on the link - QoS-Enables IP WAN, Fract T1, or Frame Relay? Anyone with prior experience and ideas? THanks

3 Replies 3

sachon
Level 1
Level 1

Far end site needs a 25xx or better router. IP WAN link could be any you describe - IP VPN from QoS enabled carrier, Frac-T1, Frame Relay. - whatever works out least expensive. 768k access recommended to avoid need to fragment packets. Other configs will vary based on aggregate traffic you expect. Provide more info and I will make additional recommendations. Good luck.

Only other planned traffic over the link will be Voice. We plan on placing some IP 7960 Phones out at this customer's site (probly no more than 3). I belive the calls wont use more than 80K....

The idea we are looking at is that we want to provide our partner level customers w/ a no-cost solution for VC and Voice communications. Doing both over IP is what I am planning to propose and do a feasibility on.

Don't think you need more than what I previously listed. Should make sure that aggregate bandwidth you configure accounts for all concurrent flows + IP overhead requirements. Other than that, with all real-time UDP media flows, network has no congestion points that would cause packet loss, delay or jitter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: