cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Billing system for wireless

Carlos A. Silva
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a setup that i can use for billing on a wireless LAN?

This billing system has to be able to tell how long a certain user (wireless card) has been on line. I'm looking for something like the BBSM. That product might be it, but i think it does not go as far as to checking every wireless connection as it does with the LRE solution.

4 Replies 4

mmellet
Level 3
Level 3

I think BBSM is probably the only thing you’ll find right now. I know Cisco is really improving this product quickly so you might want to request some enhancements that you need in your environment.

Does it mean that BBSM v5.2 will be available? When?

BBSM version 5.2 is scheduled for release in November. 5.1 is available today and provide what you want. One difference between the two is that 5.2 will be able (if you use a cisco router IOS 12.1(T) or higher) to guarantee bandwidth as opposed to 'rate limit' as 5.1 does.

What I am waiting most from BBSM 5.2 - is wireless user "kick-off" if user's time quota, set by RADIUS, is out. Now (in BBSM 5.1) user is staying online till I manually throw it out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card