Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-HDV-2T1-48

kennethh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have silly question here, does NM-HDV-2T1-48 (Dual-Port 48 Channel T1 Voice/Fax Network Module) support T1 CAS and T1 ISDN PRI Signaling both??? If yes, how should I to determine which one I should use?? Any suggestion??

Thanks in advance!!!

Ken

4 Replies 4

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Yes it does support both. I prefer Pri to t1-cas from a troubleshooting and feature perspective. The pri will be a little more expensive, but it is well wort if. If the customer wants caller id or anything like that pri is a must. This is merely my preference so take it how you will.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Hi Mike,

I still confuse?!?! First of all, I will use NM-HDV-2T1-48 on 3640. And u said that you prefer PRI, I have to agree with you, coz I like PRI better.

However, is this module (NM-HDV-2T1-48) connect either to PBX(in office) or Telco, right?? Well, if connect to PBX, so all PBX support PRI???? If not, I have to use T1 CAS, rite?

If connect to Telco, I just tell them I will use PRI, thats no problem.

Thanks a lot!!

Ken

You are correct it can go to telco or pbx. The PBX will be a lot like ccm in a sense they will have gateways as well. They just call them something different like cards or something. So will be at the mercy of what cards the pbx has as to whether you can do t1-cas or pri. Unless the are buying a new card and you can recommend pri.

Hope this helps explain it more,

-Mckee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: