cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS equivalent of Local Director backup command

barnettt
Level 1
Level 1

I am migrating applications from the LD to the CSS. One of the apps is using the LD function backup. The situation is:

Currently the LD uses the backup command for some servers. In simple

terms:

Web1 is backed up by Web3

Web2 is backed up by Web4

In normal operational mode, Web1 and Web2 load balance. If Web1 goes down Web3 becomes active and load balances with Web 2. Similarly for Web2 and Web4.

The reason for this configuration is because of the prohibitively expensive

software licensing. Thus, we pay for 2 licenses and share across 4

servers. All servers are in the same subnet.

regards

Tony Barnett

2 Replies 2

John Bunney
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the closest thing that the CSS has to offer is the command "primary sorry-server" or "secondary sorry server" . Seen here in the command reference:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/webscale/css/css_510/cmdrefgd/cmdowcnt.htm#xtocid40

The "Primary sorry server" will only become active if all other servers are dead in the content rule. It will become inactive when one or more servers become available again. I hope this helps!

Hi,

Thanks for the response to my posting re LD backup command. Unfortunately, we want to load balance across Web1 and Web2 and using the primary and Secondary sorry server functions for Web 3 and Web 4 achieve that..

regards

Tony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: