Views
Helpful
Replies

Carriers carrier network

rabeder
Level 1
Level 1

My Question:

We are a carrier which want implement MPLS.

The Problem is the following:

We have an bgp-as with our pe-routers.

On one edge of our mpls-cloud we have an pe-router which is connected to another pe-routers in a different bgp-as.

We also want to label-switch between them.

A kind of carrier´s carrier network!

Is this possible - is there a example on cco ??

Thank you very much and greetings from austria!

2 Replies 2

mazhar71
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If you want to create a VPN whose one side is in your AS , other site is in the other AS you can configure interAS MPLS , which doesn't require a label protocol to run between 2 ASs. You can get configuration examples from CCO if you search "Inter-Autonomous Systems for MPLS VPNs".

Regards

The best literature by far that I have found to understand inter-AS and CoC topologies are papers from, uh, another vendor who is a competitor of Cisco and who therefore shall remain unnamed. The problem with stuff in Ciscopress books and even on CCO is that much of it has already been rendered obsolete, particularly with the advent of new RFC's that allow you to push labels within regular BGP (as opposed to MBGP). There now is quite simply little reason to use M-eBGP to connect AS's anymore as that solution doesn't scale.

So if you want to know details, email me privately because some people may think it a bit rude for me to be mentioning other vendors here on a Cisco forum.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: