Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Using the Aironet 350 Lan Adapter with Compaq Handheld PC

Unanswered Question
Jul 2nd, 2002
User Badges:

I am using an aironet 350 with Aironet Client Utilities v2.20.05 on a Compaq iPAQ pocket PC running Microsoft Pocket PC v 3.0.11171 (build 11178). When the card is removed for a period of time and then re-insterted I have to re-install the client utilities to get the unit to re-associate. Anyone have any ideas how to remedy this?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
lisa.hall Tue, 07/09/2002 - 13:42
User Badges:

This is an issue that has been around before. Give Microsoft a shout and let them know of the problem.

john.gagnon Fri, 07/12/2002 - 08:14
User Badges:

We are using the exact same version and build of iPaq as you are. We experienced the same problem. Our symptoms were that the Activity light on the radio card would blink in a regular rhythm (blink...........blink, blink...........blink) (repeatly). We would need to reinstall the ACU to bring the card back. But it's not the card since moving the card to another iPaq would prove it works fine and inserting other cards in the problem iPaq would produce the same non-association results. It appears to be the drivers in the ACU losing recognition to the card.

Are your cards using V4.25.23? Our problems as described above were more prevalent using that firmware version. After upgrading the card firmware to 4.25.30 we have had far fewer problems regarding this though it has happened once even with 4.25.30. Hope this helps!

carl.fitch Tue, 07/30/2002 - 07:01
User Badges:

I am having similar problems with my Windows CE 3.0 and the 352 Card.

As I use the card for multiple SSID keys I have to keep changing it. Yet every time I do, it loses association.

Is this a Microsoft problem or a Cisco problem?

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode