Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

FXS- FXO

Unanswered Question
Jul 8th, 2002
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

I have a customer who need to connect two pabx by using FXO at one side that is connected to an ext. port at the PABX, and an fxs at the other side that is connected to the CO line of the other PABX. such that users at both side could dial any extension at thier side or the other side.

Is that possible, because i could not reach a url that have this solution from cisco.

and if it is, would you provide me with a sample configuration of both sides !! or tell me how to do it ?!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 07/08/2002 - 09:55
User Badges:

FXO interface allows an analog connection to be directed at the PSTN's CO or to a station interface on a PBX. The FXO sits on the switch end of the connection. It plugs directly into the line side of the switch so the switch thinks the FXO interface is a telephone.

FXS interface connects directly to a standard telephone, fax machine, or similar device and supplies ring, voltage, and dial tone.

So a common scenario is to connecta a PBX to a FXO port and analog phone to a FXS port.

You wont be able to use a FXS port connected to a PBX and then manage multiple extensions.

Actions

This Discussion