cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Distribute-Lists in EIGRP

fmasson
Level 1
Level 1

I use plan to use EIGRP with Incoming/Outgoing-Distribute-Lists on specific LAN/WAN Interfaces to filter incoming and outgóing routes, because i don't want to learn all (> 1000) ClassB/ClassC routes from my neighbours and/or tell them all my routes. This is for "decreasing" routing-tables in my network.

Well, it works fine as long as i put in one more permit-statement in my named access-list i.e. for incoming routes. When i do this, a few seconds later i loos neighbourship to my neighbor EIGRP router an after 10 seconds all routes (in addition with my "new" one) return back to my route process!

Now my question is, if there is any way to "switch that off", because every time sessions are dropping

hope you'll got an answer...

regards

frank masson

2 Replies 2

guy-whitehouse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Could this be that when you apply the access-lists on the interfaces you are not allowing multicasts/unicasts for the directly attached interfaces ip addresses through anymore ?

Which means eigrp will lose its neighbor relationship

Sorry, no.

The Distribute-List(s) looks as follows (i.e.):

interface ethernet0/1/3

ip address 10.5.205.186 255.255.255.248

router eigrp 47

passive-interface default

no passive-interface Ethernet0/1/3

network 10.0.0.0

distribute-list router3.out out Ethernet0/1/3

distribute-list router3.in in Ethernet0/1/3

no auto-summary

no eigrp log-neighbor-changes

ip access-list standard router3.in

permit 10.10.0.0 0.0.255.255

ip access-list standard router3.out

permit 10.5.4.0 0.0.0.255

...if you mean, that 10.5.205.186 has to be in one of the distribute-lists(?) you cound be right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: