Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Peer Terminated Connection error with Linksys Wireless Router

aoak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to use the 3.6 (Beta) client with a Linksys Wireless Router BEFW11S4. I get this error with a wireless connection. Connecting through the wire works fine... Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Lere is the log ...

Contacting the gateway at 132.188......

Authenticating user...

Negotiating security policies...

Remote peer terminated connection.

4 Replies 4

aoak
Level 1
Level 1

I disabled IPSEC and now I can connect. The problem now is that all incoming packets are being discarded.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

bbasra
Level 1
Level 1

I also got this error at home with my befw11s4 when i upgraded my Linksys Wireless Router to the latest firmware 1.42.7 from www.linksys.com. With firmware version 1.39.2 i had no problems whatsoever connecting using vpn.

So i then downgraded the firmware back to the original version and its now fully working.

I also tried playing with all the settings in the configuration page and had no luck...

Hope this helps.

I have version 1.42.7 on my router too. How do you downgrade? Also, is there a way to get older firmware versions?

You can find all the firmware files here. http://www.evansconforti.com/befw11s4/firmware.htm

Just as you upgrade you downgrade.

Download TFTP 1.255 Linksys program to flash your router, Version 1.255 from the website above and it's located right at the bottom of the page.

Then Use the firmware program and use the code.bin file from the old firmware 1.39.2 and just select upgrade.

I am back to using 1.39.2 at it works perfectly.