cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7914 Expansion Module

apadayhag
Level 1
Level 1

I can't get the 7914 Expansion Module to function. I'm using CallManager version 3.1(3a). Do I have to change the version of the CallManager? or Is there a patch software for this?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

sdrennan
Level 1
Level 1

Ity is supported from 3.1(2c). I could not get it to work but as soon as upgraded to 3.1(3a) it was fine.

I suspect it must be a config issue

technology
Level 1
Level 1

What do you mean you can't get it to function? Does it power up?

In CM Administrator, when you edit the device that it is attached to, do you see the options to specify the expansion module/template? If not, you may need to update your CM version.

If I remember correctly, I installed a 7914 with 3.1(2c). We are now on 3.1(3?) and it works great.

Steve

Yes, It power ups. When I edit the device that it is attached to - eg. 7960, there is the option to specify the expansion module/template. The problem is once I assign the 7914 expansion module and insert it (click insert), there is an error message that will appear. - Error getting the directory numbers for this line, and that you may need to restore an earlier database. - It may have something to do with the device defaults because when I checked it the there no entry. It is the same with the VG248. Once I have configured and assigned the directory number, it registers the same error message. Do you have any idea on how to resolve these issues? Thanks! Francis - Arvin

It looks like your Database is corrupted in some way. I recommend you open a case with TAC

I would definitely open a case with TAC. No sense messing something up and making things worse.

Good Luck!

Steve

amanet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I use it with CM 3.1(1) on it's working.

Control that you have into device configuration web page :

14-Button Line Expansion Module => S00103010007

Alain