cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame-relay over isdn

kanwaljeet
Level 1
Level 1

I want to configure Frame-relay over isdn thru dialup. Can anyone guide me on this.

the scenario is as given below:

i have client at location A. location A is connected to location B on serial port using Lease line. Location B is connected to location C thru Lease line on serial port.Now location C is connected to location D over ATM backbone using Nortel passport 7480. The same client has location E which connects to location D with ISDN BRI at both ends. Location D dials into location E and establishes the connectivity. For the above scenario, i want to configure end to end FR. Location A is central location of client and location E is remote location of the client. location E wants to access location A over end to end FR network. We are able to configure end to end FR if the location D is connected to E thru Lease line on serial port but in this scenario the last mile connectivity is on ISDN BRI.

An early response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

kanwal

1 Reply 1

mljohnson
Level 4
Level 4

I'm not sure which router you have tried to get this to work with; I assume it's at location D. At any rate, this URL describes how to configure FR switching over ISDN, and hopefully it will be useful for you.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fwan_c/wcffrely.htm#xtocid117

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: