cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Script running for 200 nodes

preetham
Level 1
Level 1

I have ICM 4.1 and telera IVR. The call is queued in IVR and after a while transferred to a ACD group in one of our PBX. The problem is I want the calls to sit in IVR indefinitely rather than being forwarded to the ACD group. When I ran debug on router I could see that calls were queued and later dequeued from IVR because the script ran for more than 200 nodes. How can I disable this feature so that the call stays in IVR queue indefinitely without changing anything in the script.

2 Replies 2

wiwebb
Level 4
Level 4

There really aren't many options on the ICM end that don't require modifications to the system or the script. There is a registry key in the Router that defines the maximum number of script nodes that can be executed, but it is not recommended to change that setting, as it can potentially promote a race condition. The other option does involve modifying the script, but it's the simplest way. If you have a "loop" in your ICM script where you have the "Run VRU Script" node and then a "Wait" node, then you can modify the "Wait" node to go for 360 seconds, for example. This is likely where you are hitting the 200 node limit - the ICM script is staying in this loop and the Router counts every pass at a node, even if it is repeated.

The other option is to change the IVR script itself to run longer or loop.

- Bill

sandgupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Preetham,

I have seen this problem and it can be fixed by changing Flush Input Buffer to y for each case that does not handle entered digits. Problem is fixed as IVR doesn' need to process those digits. Below is more information about it:

The two relevant attributes for the Output step that are in the script that

you sent are:

Interruptible = y

Flush Input Buffer = n

Interruptible means that the output of the prompt can be stopped by the

next action. This is usually desirable in case an agent becomes available

and you need to send them the call.

Flush Input Buffer = n means that any unprocessed dtmf digits that are in

the input buffer will be kept until they are processed by a step (ie. Parse

Input/Menu).

I believe that you can eliminate this behavior by checking the scripts and

changing them to Flush Input Buffer =y for each case that doesn't have a

digit handling step that you may want to process previously entered digits in.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: