cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

browsing local netowork using vpn client

kjanakiraman
Level 1
Level 1

I installed vpn client 1.1 in a windows 98 system and dialed to a service provider. I configured the Cisco pix firewall to accept any outside connection with the same pre-shared key using. first i dialed in to the isp and i was given a public ip address and using vpn client 1.1 i am able to ping my private ip addresses inside the network. But i could not browse the internal nework. I could browse my web server using the private ip but not the same. I found out that vpn client 3.x has the option to configure vpn group for inside,wins,dns and dhcp server. Is there any way i could browse my LAN using vpn client 1.1 from outside the network the same way i do inside? Should i have a authenication server present for this?

I used these commands

crypto map mymap client configuration address initiate

crypto map mymap client configuration address respond

and i defined ip pool also.

I did not using access-list or nat statement since i get different ip address each time i dial up but instead i used

sysopt ipsec pl-compatible

Can any one advice me how to go about?

Is cisco vpn 3.x client sofware free on the cisco web site?

Thanks in Advance

1 Reply 1

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Try doing a "Find Computer" on the client machine for the PDC once you connect and then once you find it doubleclick on it to get authenticated to it.

This is a Microsoft Browsing issue, so you might need to get in touch with them for further testing aswell..

I would suggest moving over to the v3.x client as the Routers/PIXs now support it aswell and also it has better features in this regard for you to do this (as you mentioned in your email aswell). You can download the VPN Client v3.x from the Cisco site for free if you have Cisco CCO Login id, just go to the following to do that: http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/vpn/client/

Regards,

Aamir

-=-=-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: