Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

ciscowork for windows 6.0

Unanswered Question
Aug 22nd, 2002
User Badges:

I am using ciscowork for windows 6.0 to manage my cat4006 switch. I would like to be able to monitor the cpu, bandwidth and memory utilization thru the threshold manager. I'ver tried to set several trap but none of them work. Can I configure any parameter in the cisco-stack-mib as a trap using the threshold manager? Is there a recomended set of trap someone could recomend me. Thank you.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rmushtaq Thu, 08/22/2002 - 12:05
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Monitoring is different than setting up traps. If you just want to monitor things like CPU etc, you can use the CiscoView Real-time graphs to view them. If you want to setup traps, you need to create a threshold using the threshokd manager , define the trap receiver etc. There are some pre-configured threshold templates that comes with CWW or you can create your own new one also.

zeevo-it Thu, 08/22/2002 - 13:03
User Badges:

Thank you for your response. I am new to network management and have been struggling w/ cww for awhile. Can you tell me how I can set trap for the cat4006 to monitor cpu, memory and bandwidth. I have when over serveral mibs but have not found the right parameter to monitor the cpu, memory and bandwidth. thanks.

rmushtaq Thu, 08/22/2002 - 15:02
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Again, there not traps for CPU, Bandwidth etc. You need to create a Threshold in the CWW Threshold Manager for this. Refer to the CWW docs for details.

Actions

This Discussion