cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscowork for windows 6.0

zeevo-it
Level 1
Level 1

I am using ciscowork for windows 6.0 to manage my cat4006 switch. I would like to be able to monitor the cpu, bandwidth and memory utilization thru the threshold manager. I'ver tried to set several trap but none of them work. Can I configure any parameter in the cisco-stack-mib as a trap using the threshold manager? Is there a recomended set of trap someone could recomend me. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Monitoring is different than setting up traps. If you just want to monitor things like CPU etc, you can use the CiscoView Real-time graphs to view them. If you want to setup traps, you need to create a threshold using the threshokd manager , define the trap receiver etc. There are some pre-configured threshold templates that comes with CWW or you can create your own new one also.

Thank you for your response. I am new to network management and have been struggling w/ cww for awhile. Can you tell me how I can set trap for the cat4006 to monitor cpu, memory and bandwidth. I have when over serveral mibs but have not found the right parameter to monitor the cpu, memory and bandwidth. thanks.

Again, there not traps for CPU, Bandwidth etc. You need to create a Threshold in the CWW Threshold Manager for this. Refer to the CWW docs for details.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: