cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks level 15 security message in Ciscoview.

clark.m
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me why i am being prompted with a level 15 security box when i try to configure any of the 2900 switches in device manager? It asks for a username and password. I have tried the password that i use for logging in to Ciscoworks but it does not work. The interesting thing is that i can configure the 4000 switches without a problem and without receiving this security box. The other interesting thing is that if i telnet to one of the 2900 switches from the Ciscoworks workstation at the DOS prompt, the telnet password will not work. If i Telnet from another workstation the telnet password does work. So what is this security box all about? Why am i only getting it on the 2900's? Why is this level 15 security password over-riding the Telnet password? And finally is there a way to find out the level 15 security username and password? Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You're not using the Visual Switch Manager GUI for 2900 which is built into the code (.tar image)?

Please forgive my ignorance but your answer doesnt make sense to me....can you please reword it? Are you saying that i need to enable Visual Switch Manager GUI for 2900. Do i do this on the switch or in Ciscoworks? Or have i completely got the wrong end of the stick? Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: