cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4006 Sup III IOS

lavella
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, if I try to download IOS for 4006 Sup Eng III ENHANCED FEATURE (go to link down, then select any available release then agree), I find that the IOS Feature is BASIC L3 SW FOR C4000 SUP III.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Iosplanner/Planner-tool/iosplanner.cgi?get_crypto=&data_from=&hardware_name=CAT4000&software_name=ENHANCED%20L3%20SW%20FOR%20C4000%20SUP%20III%2FOSPF%20IGRP%20EIGRP&release_name=&majorRel=&state=:HW:SW&type=

Could anyone tell me if this SW is the BASIC one or the Enhanced one?

This IOS supports EIGRP?

Thanks a lot,

Leonardo Avella

2 Replies 2

efrahim
Level 4
Level 4

They both are the same except that you have to buy the license for the Enhanced and that is based on the honor system. You can't use those feature like EIGRP and BGP unless you buy the enhanced licence

S4KL3-12108EW Cisco IOS Software for the Cisco Catalyst 4000; basic Layer 3 software image

S4KL3E-12108EW Cisco IOS Software for the Cisco Catalyst 4000; enhanced Layer 3 software image, including Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP), and Enhanced IGRP (EIGRP)

bsivasub
Level 4
Level 4

leo,

you can use the enhanced ifeatures fi you purchased that software otherwise you legally liable to use only the basic features.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: