We are planning on connection various offices at multiple locations through a cost-effective and reliable solution. The idea of a hosted-VPN seems the most reasonable at the moment. However, there are more questions than answers at this point and I would be grateful if someone could address the following questions ASAP. Thanks
· How do you decide if you need a VPN or a WAN for 30 geographically-dispersed users?
· Can you access VPN over dial-up? What is the advantage/disadvantage over broadband (DSL) aside of speed?
· Can you dial into a VPN over a dumb terminal
· What is the minimum hardware/software infrastructure needs for a VPN/WAN
· Can you partition data (app wise/business unit wise) in the third-party host provider?s server?
· Is there a way to enforce that recent data is uploaded to the central repository?
· Third-party reliability ? back up, disaster recovery, security, administration
· Do you have to have a minimum config on the machine to run VPN?