cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the Plenum standard which the access points adhere to?

gcuthbert
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco wireless access point adhere to the plenum stanard, which from what I can gather is to do with been able to withtand adverse temperature and environmental conditions?

Intermec wireless equipmet is IP54/NEMA4 certified (dust resilient / climate durable etc).

Are the plenum standard and IP54/NEMA4 similar standards? Is IP54/NEMA4 more durable than the Plenum stadard?

I have a customer whom requires wireless access points to operate in an environment where the temperature can vary greatly and high dust conditions.

4 Replies 4

Nick Howells
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco's data sheet on the AP350 states:

The Cisco Aironet 350 Series AP is available in a rugged version (AIR-AP352E2R-x-K9). This enhanced version includes two RP-TNC connectors for use with optional antennas, an extended operating temperature range of -20° to 55° C, allowing for placement outdoors in a NEMA case or in harsh indoor environments such as warehouses and factories, and a durable metal enclosure. With its metal enclosure, the Cisco Aironet 350 Series AP is UL 2043 certified, and designed to achieve plenum rating as defined by various municipal fire codes.

If your customer is still concerned over the harsh conditions and dust, then i would recommend putting it in an IP65 cabinet. This is a plastic cabinet with a locakable door. You can get them with clear front panel so you can see LED activity. These are available from Cisco partners.

Hope this helps.

Nick Howells Head of Solutions Sales - Collaboration STS (Structured Technology Services) T: 0116 240 8820 | D: 0116 240 8832 | M: 07764 710396 E: nickh@sts-communications.com | W: www.sts-communications.com

Hi sir,

I would like to have the solid documentation or link for "UL 2043 certified" at WAP300 series.

Please ask your Cisco reseller to provide this documentation, if it exists.

gcuthbert
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much for your help, will follow your advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: