cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 501 Xlate Problems!

chooser1
Level 1
Level 1

We have a small office and the Pix 501 firewall apparently only allows 10 simultaneous connections. The problem I have is that there are like 15 computers here. 5 Servers and 10 People coming in and out of our office at different times of the day. There are never more than 10 on at a time but I still have to come in all the time just to type the command clear xlate. Soon as I do this the connections are freed up. I know timeoute xlate times them out but does not clear them. Does anyone know of a way to automate this process so that it clears itself? I am not looking to break any of the rules, I just want to have my full 10 people at all times without effort. As always thanks in advance for you help.

1 Reply 1

rgrcommo
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrade to 6.2 for the PIX.. It will say that you need 16mb ram, don't worry it will work for the 501. This should fix your xlate issue. - It did for me.

-jambrose

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card