cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer directly misses beginning of greeting

dhellwig
Level 4
Level 4

We have implemented "option 3" with a cti route point for transferring directly to subscribers mailboxes. However, our Administrative Assistant cannot always hit the Transfer key quickly enough to let the caller hear the beginning of the greeting. Is there a way to have it ring a couple of times first?

I tried changing the line in call manager from Forward All to Forward No Answer, but no delay resulted.

I was sure this would be an issue already discussed, but searched to no avail...

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try entering this into the switch file...

[Configuration]

DelayBeforeOpening=

Where is a value in seconds.

I'm not 100% positive that this setting is supported with the CCM integration, but give it a whirl. It will require a Unity restart.

What this setting should do is delay conversation, prompts and/or greetings at the onset of Unity answering a call for the duration specified. This is a global setting and will give the appearance of a "delay" when phone calls reaching Unity don't need the delay.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try entering this into the switch file...

[Configuration]

DelayBeforeOpening=

Where is a value in seconds.

I'm not 100% positive that this setting is supported with the CCM integration, but give it a whirl. It will require a Unity restart.

What this setting should do is delay conversation, prompts and/or greetings at the onset of Unity answering a call for the duration specified. This is a global setting and will give the appearance of a "delay" when phone calls reaching Unity don't need the delay.

Thanks,

This works fine. The file is called Cisco0002.INI in the C:\commserver\intlib directory. It can also be edited with the start-programs-unity-edit switch utility

The value is number of seconds. I went with 2 seconds and it seems fine.