cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP/VC 3540 PRI Gateway

CARL LINDAHL
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having lots of problems getting a PRI setup in the GW2P. Has anyone had experience setting up a PRI? If so what type of PRI did you order, etc?

I have also been reading in the 3525 documentation to put a CSU between the telco and the IP/VC, but in the 3540 there is no such reference. Does this make any sense?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

sachon
Level 1
Level 1

i suggest you contact the Cisco TAC for specific trouble shooting. Problems related to a PRI and a gateway module can range from the Telco provider down to local wiring in your facility to configuration parameters on the gateway. Too many variables to try and troubleshoot for you on a BB.

As for the CSU, both the 3525 and 3540 GW module have built-in CSUs. Neither support LBO capabilities. If your GW sits a great distance from your local demarc, the addition of a CSU that supports LBO might be helpful. If you attempt this, remember that inter-CSU connections require you to flip the transmit and receive pairs. On a PRI, the TX pairs are 1&2 and the RX pairs are 4&5.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: