Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

User Tracking DataBase unix shell command line queries?

Unanswered Question
Sep 18th, 2002
User Badges:

Is it possible to query the user tracking database from the unix shell ? What type of database is this? I need to get a daily output of which devices are connected to which ports in the Cat5000/5509 switches. I know I could write an script to do this, but since CiscoWorks already has the information, I just need a way to make database queries from the shell.

Thanks for any information

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jjiles Wed, 09/18/2002 - 13:26
User Badges:

Any way to do this in an automatic method????

Thanks.

rmushtaq Wed, 09/18/2002 - 14:23
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

You try writing a script which includes the above export CLI command to run frequently.

jjiles Tue, 09/24/2002 - 08:43
User Badges:

I'm running the Solaris version. According to the information you mentioned, there it should be a UT(upper case) command under $NMSROOT/CSCOpx/bin. Instead I only have a ut (lower case, for NT) command in that directory. If I run the ut cli command, it works ok and I get what I need from the user track database, but it requires X-Windows to be running. It seems to take an X-Windows dump or something like that. Is this the way is supposed to work? I usually connect to the server thought secure shell and don't have an X session running on my desktop. Kind of hard to cron it.

Again, thanks for any info.

Actions

This Discussion