cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking DataBase unix shell command line queries?

jjiles
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to query the user tracking database from the unix shell ? What type of database is this? I need to get a daily output of which devices are connected to which ports in the Cat5000/5509 switches. I know I could write an script to do this, but since CiscoWorks already has the information, I just need a way to make database queries from the shell.

Thanks for any information

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Not possible what you're mentioning above. However can export the UT data:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/Campus/ut_export_data.html

Any way to do this in an automatic method????

Thanks.

You try writing a script which includes the above export CLI command to run frequently.

I'm running the Solaris version. According to the information you mentioned, there it should be a UT(upper case) command under $NMSROOT/CSCOpx/bin. Instead I only have a ut (lower case, for NT) command in that directory. If I run the ut cli command, it works ok and I get what I need from the user track database, but it requires X-Windows to be running. It seems to take an X-Windows dump or something like that. Is this the way is supposed to work? I usually connect to the server thought secure shell and don't have an X session running on my desktop. Kind of hard to cron it.

Again, thanks for any info.

elsie.leung
Level 1
Level 1

I am going to have the same concern. We are deploying LMS 2.1 and Compus Manager in Nov. As soon as discovery is done, our goal is to extract User Trackering data and to import the data to Tivoli EIMS (inventory system).

Any advise from experts around ? Tks for any info.

If you just want to know how to export data from UT CLI, you can refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/Campus/ut_export_data.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: