cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CNR trouble when filtering & ordering DNS RR.

yr_cnr_cco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have some problems when ordering or filtering RR in a the DNS zone dialog box (ressources records tabs). These tasks returns wrong lists (I have A and NS records when filtering with CNAME criteria, some of the RR don't locate at the right place...). The zone is quite big : 1639 static RRs & 6570 dynamic RRs.

Is there some known solution about that ?

NB : CNR versions

CNR Server : 5.0.9

CNR Gui : 5.0.9 & 5.5.2.

3 Replies 3

tcarlo
Level 1
Level 1

This is in the GUI only correct? Do the nslookups do the requested subnet sorting or round robin?

...TC...

The problems occurs in GUI. I don't use round robin. The nslookup answers are right for the different requests.

I opened a case yesterday via Cisco TAC about this problem : D164512.

My feeling is that this command will help you out. The issue appears to be a curruption in the guicache. The command below should be issued at the cli.

Here's a clip from text in the cli guide that sounds like your issue:

Rebuilding Resource Records Indexes

Use the dns rebuildRR-Indexes command if you need to rebuild your resource records indexes. You might need to rebuild your resource records indexes if you observe resource or host list data that appears inconsistent or if data appears to be missing. Rebuilding your resource records should correct any inconsistencies.

Note The dns rebuildRR-Indexes command removes any duplicate resource records it finds in the database. A subsequent reload of the DNS server may produce the following

diagnostic message:

101 Ok, with warnings

Error Protocol Error removing record for name host_name, zone zone_name

while loading config changes.

This warning is to be expected in this case and you can safely ignore it.

The syntax is:

dns rebuildRR-Indexes

...TC...