cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Installation/Upgrade problem

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

I installed 2 x Callmanager's (primary + subscriber) straight out of the box with 3.1(3a). Everything worked fine until i decided to upgrade to 3.1(4b). I ran ciscocm-fmu.3-1-4b.exe, but the primary seemed to hang while it was installing/upgrading the DC directory. I left it for over 3.5 hrs but it didn't seem to progress. The 'time left' just kept resetting back to a higher figure.

In the end, i decided to scrap the upgrade and reinstall 3.1(3a), using the CD's that shipped with the server. However, once again it appears to have hung while on the DC directory part of the install.

I checked the DC server service and it was 'starting'.

I thought that by reinstalling callmanager from scratch it would have worked?

Any help would be appreciated.

9 Replies 9

tpetzold_2
Level 1
Level 1

This is a bug with the install package. The workaround is to delete everything in the temp folders and delete the c:\program files\common files\installshield\engine directory. Then rerun the upgrade. This should take care of your problem.

Thanks for that, i'll give it a go and let you know the outcome.

Do you have a bug ID for this out of interest?

Sorry for not replying earlier. My company decided to bin the upgrade after i informed them of this issue. They are taking the issue up with cisco.

I reinstalled 3.1(3a) instead.

Thanks

I recently installed 3.1(3a) and upgraded to 3.1.4b with no problems, did you install the patches for the operating system and sql, it has to be done.

Dennis

yep, i installed the o/s upgrade, and patches for the o/s and sql before i tried the upgrade. It didn't work. Thanks anyway.

mciarochi
Level 1
Level 1

I had the exact same problem. I logged a TAC call, and ended up having to rebuild from the installation CD's on the advice of TAC.

Try installing 3.2(2c). It's possible from 3.1(3a). I had no problems.

Rob

We do not want to install 3.2(2c) at this time, as it appears to have quite a few bugs/problems with it. We will run with 3.1(3a) until we can upgrade it successfully to 3.1(4b). Thanks

We just installed 3.2.2cSPe in a 150 phone Call Center w/ CRA and have not ran into any problem on CallManger. Does not mean there aren't problems I just have not seen anything major and these guy are using the system to the fullest.

** www.iptnetworkers.com **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: