Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX SSH or telnet after VPN connection

Hi

i am trying to telnet (preferebly ssh) into a pix firewall after logging into the network with a 3.51 vpn client without success. can u people giude me

thanks

3 Replies 3

steve.barlow
Level 7
Level 7

I don't think you can do this (ie VPN through the PIX outside interface and then try to ssh/telnet into the inside interface). You can however SSH to the PIX on the outside interface.

See link on which version you have and how to enable SSH (add hostname, domain name, telnet password, SSH address, generate a key) on the PIX: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/pix_command_ref.shtml

Hope it helps.

Steve

hi

thanks for your reply.

the issue is that i want to remotely login through internet access using my laptop - roaming from different locations & configure/troubleshoot the PIX remotely.

so is it possible

Options I can think of:

-VPN into network, ssh/telnet to another network device on the inside of the PIX, then telnet to inside of PIX from that device.

-Use SSH on the outside (IP would be any, or your ISPs DHCP scope) and authenticate via a AAA server. The ssh option in 6.x specifies the group of AAA servers to be used for SSH user authentication. The authentication protocol and AAA server IP addresses are defined with the aaa-server command statement.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: