cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS VPN driving me mad!

ianwarb
Level 1
Level 1

I am testing MPLS VPNs in the lab, with a view to rolling it out in the core provider network. I am having difficulty connecting a single VPN. Everything looks as it should. I have two sites pointing a default route out. I have all the VRF information configured. The MP-iBGP sessions seem to work and the VRF routing tables are holding all the routes i expected, i just cannot ping across from one site to the other. Core label switching works okay, and the static routes are being redistributed. I am also redistributing connected and static subnets within the BGP address-family. Does anyone have any ideas so i can finally get a nights sleep, thanks Ian

3 Replies 3

bbaley
Level 3
Level 3

I am sure this document will help you out.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/mpls_vpn_tsh.html

I have managed to solve this problem. The answer lay with the IOS release. I had 12.2T enterprise loaded on the core routers which i believed would be okay, however an conact from Cisco recommended i loaded an ST image which solved all the problems without any configuration changes.

bturnbow
Level 1
Level 1

First make sure that MPLS is running on all interfaces where the traffic will pass. Sh mpls int . It should read operational yes.

You need to have a /32 route on all routers in the MPLS cloud for your PE routers. I use a loopback address that is injected into my IGP. Even non MPBGP routers need to have the specific /32s.

One other tip, make sure you have your MTU set to 1526 or above on Ethernet interfaces 1518+4+4.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: