cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware Upgrade.. Freezes

hmm112958
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upgrade the firmware in my client adapter (4800/350) to 4.25.30 from ACU 5.02.005 and have installed drivers 8.2.3. Regardless of what I do (uninstall, re-install, reboot, etc), the end result is that the ACU freezes after the "Erasing Flash Memory" progress window reaches 100%. The "OK" button is greyed out, and I must end-task to stop the routine. Checking the firware rev upon restarting the ACU shows that no upgrade has occurred.

Any ideas?

Thx..

4 Replies 4

mcnaz-yeo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You need to turn off your Wlan Card when your're upgrading your firmware. Or upgrade the firmware where no AP signal is around. Or elase you need to RMA your Wlan card

Regards

McNAz

No you can just virify your card installation

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First you need to make sure that you are downloading the files for the operating systems which your pc has. Now if upgrade the ACU to 5.2.05 still fail, will the card still comesup and associate with old ACU version?

If the card dosen't work anymore with old ACU version etc, i think you need to RMA it if it is under warranty.

I have a similar problem caused by the pc that was upgrading the firmware crashing during the process. Turning off the AP didn't help (still get error writing firmware) and turning off the wireless PCMCIA card means that you can't actually perform a firmware upgrade.

I am returning the card to the supplier.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: